Monday, February 9, 2009

The Start of the Stell Homestead

This year we are going to try to grow as much food as we can here at the Stell Homestead in suburban Georgia. We have already some seeds with which we are going to start with.
Antonio is eager to put start growing seeds.
I have already planted Nasturtiums in the pot that I grow my Meyer 
Lemon in to act as living mulch, and then add to our salads.
 Our Lemon tree is doing really well, it has a lot of blooms on it, and a few lemons started. Hopefully we'll get a bunch this year, as long as little inquisitive fingers don't pluck them off, or yellow tails don't bat them away.

2 comments:

  1. Oh, my lemon tree has never produced. I'm going to have to read up on how to get them to produce. I would love to have homegrown citrus.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Andres, I have 5 lemons on my tree. Finally! Where did you get the Nasturtiums, from seed?

    ReplyDelete