Monday, March 12, 2012

Nook off the Grid

I have decided to take my Nook (1st generation) off the grid. This Christmas my brother-in-law gave me a Solio Solar Power Charger. I decided to see if I can get by with solely charging my Nook via the sun, so last night was the first time the Solio charged up my Nook, and it looked like it worked fine. Should be interesting to see if the charger is able to soak up enough rays to keep the Nook going. I think it may, as the Nook also doesn't need that much charging, about only once a week.

1 comment:

  1. I like all the power adapters that it has. I've used a small XTG solar battery backup for about a year now. It was great for recharging my little mp3 player in Haiti. Based on your post I just tested it out on my Nook and it seems to be putting out enough juice to charge it as well.

    Here is a link to the XTG: http://www.amazon.com/Solar-Charger-Powered-Backup-Battery/dp/B00449U3K0

    ReplyDelete