Friday, July 26, 2013

Tomatoes and Compost

Last night our garden finally started yielding some tomatoes (other than the cherry size ones on the little tomato plant we have growing on the deck, which has been giving us tiny tomatoes for 2 weeks now). I was able to harvest one 'Cuore di Bue', one 'Stripped Stuffer' and one 'Old German' so far.



Our Marigolds have been growing like crazy in the garden as well. 


One side of my compost bin was ready, so I emptied it out yesterday and spread it out to cure some more under our peach tree. I love that we are slowly moving to being more sustainable, this is the first time I was able to harvest a large amount of compost that originated from our food scraps and yard and garden waste, and will now in turn feed our plants that will feed us.

No comments:

Post a Comment